If you want to do a cross country trip in America, then get "How To Plan a USA Cross Country Trip".
This step-by-step guide to planning a cross-country trip is a necessary resource for anyone planning to travel across the United States. It is designed for the leisurely traveler, intent on enjoying a full but relaxing and stress-free vacation.
- Plan ahead to plan your trip. You will discover where to find resources for your planning.
- Organize the resources and use them to find stopovers. You will learn how to use the resources to find the best places to visit, as well as quality food and lodging.
- Organize the findings. You will learn how to prepare lists of these desired destinations.
- Explore and discuss the findings. You will learn how to prioritize them according to the preferences of your fellow travelers.
- Prepare a schedule for each day. You will learn how to calculate the mileage and time needed for each stopover and to create an annotated schedule for each day.
- Be flexible and firm. You will discover the importance of “sticking to” the schedule as well as the necessity to “go with the flow.”
- Plan for the unexpected. You will learn to anticipate emergencies and delays and how a plan can make it easier to deal with these situations with less stress and disruption.
- Be intentional. You will learn the value of an intentional plan and how important it is for each traveler to be committed to making the plan work.
About the Expert
Susan Bowman is a contributing writer for HowExpert.com. She is semi-retired, with many years traveling experience, especially along the Eastern corridor of the United States. She has traveled most extensively in the northeast and New England, the middle Atlantic states between Virginia and Tennessee, and anywhere she can find mountains.
HowExpert publishes quick 'how to' guides on all topics from A to Z by everyday experts.